A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment.
Our dentist at Malaga Dental clinic may recommend a crown to:
- Replace a large restoration (filling) when there isn’t enough tooth structure remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge (a crown with one or more teeth attached to replace a missing tooth)
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover & strengthen a tooth that has had root canal treatment
Dentist will discuss with you different crown options and will explain the entire
procedure and cost beforehand to help you make an informed decision.